Use globalcalendar.com to schedule usage of a shared-airplane or all the airplanes in a flying-club.
Each member can enter their own reservations or it can done through a single administrator.
Here are the steps:
- Register to create an account. This will be the administrator's account.
- You'll be taken to a setup-page. Enter all relevent information - especially the e-mail and timezone.
- Once saved, go to the calendar-subscriptions page.
- Creating the shared-calendar.
- Click on the new-calendar button (second-last top-right).
- Enter a calendar name. For example, us.rec.club-name or us.rec.tail-number
- For now, set the access to group-simple and enter a password. Later you try finer control over access by choosing
- Check on the check-boxes to allow appropriate privileges for members.
- Once saved, you'll be taken back to the calendar-subscriptions page and this time the calendar you just created
will also be listed. Click on the check-box to the left to subscribe to it and save it.
- Letting club-members in on the calendar.
- Now click on the calendar-name to view it again. This time, there'll be a new link on the top-right hand corner
labeled - "Link to this Calendar". Click on this to display the link to this calendar.
- You can e-mail the displayed link to all the club members.
- Each member on receipt on the e-mail, will click on the link and create an account for themselves - they'll
be automatically be subscribed to the shared calendar.
- Using it day-to-day
Create a Free Account